Thursday, November 22, 2007

Makin' & Bakin'

Yesterday I went for a walk along the Cheongyecheon, the stream that runs through downtown Seoul.
It was beautiful and crisp out, the leaves were brilliant, and by the time I made it to Gwanghwamun from Jongno-5-ga, I was freezing my toes off.




The main purpose of the walk was to find a nice tree from which to hang some of my holiday ornaments to do a brief photoshoot . The leaves were all yellowing, but I kind of liked the contrast of the color and the bright light of the setting autumn sun.



When I got home, I was so cold, I promptly started baking. I made a pie crust, and I stewed some Korean pears in soju. Nothing more Korean than that, right? This morning I popped the pears into the crust and then the tart into the oven. So nice on a fall day...



I spend far too much time makin' and bakin' stuff. But it's all procrastinatin.' Sigh. Back to work.

Happy Thanksgiving!